Australia – 22nd June — OpenText (NASDAQ: OTEX, TSX: OTEX) today released the findings of the OpenText Cybersecurity 2023 Global Managed Security Survey. The survey of over 1,000 Managed Service Providers (MSP) and Managed Security Service Providers (MSSPs) reveals as more businesses experience resource and cost constraints, a majority (86%) of MSPs and MSSPs’ customers are outsourcing their security needs to consolidate security tools.
“Staffing issues that have plagued the security industry for years are getting worse due to today’s complex economic environment. As a result, already short-staffed teams must find creative ways to do more with less,” says Geoff Bibby, Senior Vice President of Marketing and Strategy, OpenText Cybersecurity. “With limited time and security resources, simple and effective security must be a priority. MSPs equipped with a comprehensive cyber resilient portfolio of cloud-based data security and data management solutions are uniquely positioned to help clients gain efficiencies without compromising security.”
Key survey findings include:
- Most (86%) MSP and MSSP customers are looking to consolidate their security tools.
- An overwhelming majority (88%) of respondents also think security and compliance tools are merging.
- Small-to-medium businesses (SMBs) are most interested in outsourcing data security, infrastructure monitoring and risk reduction.
- Eighty-two percent of MSPs and MSSPs report the need for comprehensive, on-demand security as the top reason customers use their service.
- MSPs and MSSPs cite the biggest challenges facing their customers are cost savings (28%) and the need to simplify security programs (26%). Staffing shortages or reductions and lack of security expertise are also key customer challenges.
- When partnering with vendors, MSPs and MSSPs reported that integrating technology solutions is the biggest challenge for establishing a new partnership (32%).
MSPs and MSSPs report technology and IT services sector customers are increasing at the fastest rate.
- In 2022, MSPs and MSSPs saw the fastest customer growth in the technology and IT services sector (82%), followed by financial services (36%) and healthcare (24%). Respondents are seeing similar growth in 2023.
- According to respondents, technology and IT services, financial services and healthcare are also the sectors most in need of cybersecurity services due to a lack of resources or education.
Security vendors are adjusting partner programs as MSPs and MSSPs face new demands.
- Partner programs are becoming more personalized (54%) to secure new and retain existing MSPs and MSSPs.
- A majority (70%) of respondents still see value in vendor tiering programs, which support goal setting and business outcomes through partner recognition.
- Respondents said the most important partner benefit for channel-focused companies to offer is co-marketing support followed by referral programs, co-selling incentives, and market development funds (MDFs). Providing event support is the least important benefit.
David Woo, Managing Director at N-Able IT, an Australian channel partner of OpenText Cybersecurity says “The survey results are aligned to what we are seeing in the Australian market. We are proud to have a long-standing relationship with OpenText Cybersecurity, a trusted partner in delivering reliable and effective solutions. Their cost-effective cybersecurity offerings combining both security and data protection are not only simple to implement but also highly effective in safeguarding our clients’ digital assets and protecting against cyber threats.”
To learn more about the findings of the OpenText Cybersecurity 2023 Global Managed Security Survey, read the blog.
OpenText Cybersecurity surveyed 1,061 managers, c-level executives, and security specialists at MSPs and MSSPs in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and Australia from February 6 to 28, 2023. Respondents represented MSPs and MSSPs ranging in size from 50 to more than 5,000 employees.
About OpenText Cybersecurity
OpenText Cybersecurity provides comprehensive security solutions for companies and partners of all sizes. From prevention, detection and response to recovery, investigation and compliance, our unified end-to-end platform helps customers build cyber resilience via a holistic security portfolio. Powered by actionable insights from our real-time and contextual threat intelligence, OpenText Cybersecurity customers benefit from high efficacy products, a compliant experience and simplified security to help manage business risk.
OpenText, The Information Company™, enables organizations to gain insight through market leading information management solutions, powered by OpenText Cloud Editions. For more information about OpenText (NASDAQ: OTEX, TSX: OTEX) visit opentext.com.
Connect with us:
Certain statements in this press release may contain words considered forward-looking statements or information under applicable securities laws. These statements are based on OpenText’s current expectations, estimates, forecasts and projections about the operating environment, economies, and markets in which the company operates. These statements are subject to important assumptions, risks and uncertainties that are difficult to predict, and the actual outcome may be materially different. OpenText’s assumptions, although considered reasonable by the company at the date of this press release, may prove to be inaccurate and consequently its actual results could differ materially from the expectations set out herein. For additional information with respect to risks and other factors which could occur, see OpenText’s Annual Report on Form 10-K, Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and other securities filings with the SEC and other securities regulators. Unless otherwise required by applicable securities laws, OpenText disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.
Copyright © 2023 OpenText. All Rights Reserved. Trademarks owned by OpenText. One or more patents may cover this product(s). For more information, please visit https://www.opentext.com/patents.
Senior Public Relations Manager